Termite Control Melbourne
Termite Control Melbourne
What We Can Do to Control Termites
To administer termite control there are a number of termite barrier options including: physical termite barrier treatments (Home Guard), chemical termite barrier treatments, and monitoring and termite control baiting systems. PestAway Australia provides complete termite inspection, termite treatment and management services including:
- Termite Pre-Purchase Inspections.
- Termite Pre-Treatments – Part A and B.
- Termite Post Construction Treatments.
- Termite Baiting Systems.
- Termite Barrier Treatments to Australian Standards.
- Termite Monitoring and Ongoing Inspection.
- Onsite consultation and quotation.
- Onsite reporting.
- Termite Control Melbourne.
For Termite control inspections visit Just Termites
We will waive our termite inspection fee if we locate live termites
- Termites need to located on the day of inspection.
- Inspection fee varies.
- Quotation needs to be provided and accepted on the day of inspection for fee to be waived.
- On acceptance of quote a 20% deposit (non refundable) is required.
Refer to your quote for full terms and conditions.
Summer Special Offer for Termite Inspection
Best and Lowest Price:$300 + GST
- Pre-purchase not included
- Only available to customers in Melbourne Metro area based on a 25 square meter home.
What You Can Do With Our Help and Advice for Termite Control
1. Plan to have your property inspected by a Termite Inspection
Specialist (accreditation levels are higher than general pest control)
2. Construct your new home with:
- Good under-floor ventilation, which discourages termite activity.
- A known and approved termite protection plan and preventative maintenance.
3. Buy your new home with:
- Special conditions in the Sale and Purchase Agreement that covers termite inspection and obligations for the seller.
- Employ a known and approved preventative maintenance plan.
4. Ensure your existing property;
- Does not have timber stacked against or near buildings.
- Does not have wooden in-ground structures (eg. untreated timber retaining walls) close to the building.
- has been thoroughly inspected for termites.
- is on a regular preventative maintenance plan.
For Termite control treatment and inspections visit Just Termites
As with most forms of pest control, there are certain things the property owner can do to lessen the risk of termite infestation:
- Piles of timber or firewood under or stacked against the house are an open invitation and should be moved to a location away from the building.
- Any timber or form work left under the house by the builder should be removed. This can provide a natural path for the termites from the ground to the sub-floor.
- Adequate ventilation beneath a suspended floor is also important. This helps to reduce moisture and humidity in the area and therefore makes it less attractive to termites. Here too, PestAway can be of assistance in installing the correct type and number of ventilators to rectify the problem.
- Keep the area under and around the building tidy and free from rubbish so any termite activity can be easily located. A regular inspection (at least every 12 months) by a PestAway expert is strongly advised.
- Never disturb what you think may be a termite nest or workings. This will only prompt them to move elsewhere in the building and may make detection and subsequent treatment more difficult.
- DO NOT Build retaining walls against the home.
- DO NOT Build garden beds above vent/weep holes perimeter of house.
- DO NOT Have watering systems up close to walls of house.
- DO Use non-susceptible material for landscaping.
- DO Have an inspection zone of 50mm to the edge of the slab perimeter of the house if the house is on a slab.
- DO Repair any water leaks to the house, redirect how water systems and air conditioning over-flows away from the house, preferably to drain.
For Termite control visitJust Termites